GCF1400 series controlled atmosphere furnaces feature a chamber with Mitsubishi (Japan) high quality alumina fiber insulation and SiC heating elements. A double walled steel internal housing helps minimize heat loss to exterior surface. Furnace operation is controlled by Eurotherm (UK) or Shimaden (Japan) multi-segment digital controller with built-in digital communications port and USB adaptor, allowing the user to connect to a PC for remote control and monitoring of the furnace. You can also save or export test results.
The benefits of an controlled atmosphere furnace
An atmosphere furnace provides the perfect environment for various procedures in many laboratories, providing the controlled temperature and atmosphere specific projects require. The controlled atmosphere is desired to complete tasks that require exact temperatures with no room for error. This is the best way to ensure the successful outcome of your project because it is sealed tightly to ensure the proper environment.
One of the main components of the atmosphere furnace is the correct mixture of gases. The precise measurement of each gas is essential to the success of your project. You can use a separate chamber to mix the gases, which are then pumped into the furnace chamber where the work will be completed when they are done mixing. It is essential that the separate chamber that holds the gases does not receive any outside air because it could throw off the gas mixture and render your project useless.
Proper temperature control is vital to the success of your project as well. Temperatures that are too high or too low will cause problems with the process and could cost your company a significant amount of money. Across International furnaces come with built-in 28-segment PID digital temperature controller for accurate monitoring and consistency.
- Multiple gas inlets and outlets with stainless steel ball valves. Flow meter to control inbound and outbound gas flows. Outlets can be ignited to burn off gas.
- Furnace chamber is welded and oil leak tested to ensure air tightness. Furnace door is sealed with high temperature silicon gasket.
- Built-in stainless steel water-cooling panel protects door sealing gasket when furnace is under heavy use.
- Microprocessor based self-tuning PID control provides optimum thermal process with minimal overshoot.
- Multiple atmosphere processes in a single cycle are possible (ex: binder burn out in air and parts sintering under rough vacuum or inert gas environment.)
- Built-in ammeter and dual voltmeters for easy monitoring and troubleshooting, built-in computer interface.
- Long life type S thermocouple.
- ETL and CE certified, standard.
- Overheat protection shuts down the furnace if temperature is outside of acceptable range (refer to controller's manual) or when the thermocouple is broken or malfunctions.
- Power failure protection resumes furnace operation right after the point of failure when power is reestablished.
* Ultimate vacuum level for GCF furnaces is around 100 Pa with all flange connections, and 1000 Pa with hose barb connections. Please keep in mind that our GCF atmosphere furnaces are NOT designed to be vacuum furnaces, the vacuuming part is mainly for users to pre-vac the chamber, before putting in inert or other protective gases.