Lab Society HIVE30™ Single Stage 0.3 m2 Thin Film Distillation System
Lab Society has partnered with High Velocity Extractors (HVE) to bring you a Single Stage, Thin Film Distillation Unit. Our new system addresses growing industry production demands while keeping budgetary constraints in mind.
- Approx. 6 kg/hour Input Feed Capability for Volatile Stripping
- Approx. 2-4 kg/hour Input Feed Capability – for cutting and polishing the main body
- 0.3 m2 Short Path Evaporator (1)
- Virgin PTFE Wiper Blades with 316 SS Wiper Cage
- Removable Hybrid Still Cold Finger
- Manual Inlet Feed Tank with Heater/PID
- Electric Heat Bands (4) with PID Control Box
- Precision Vacuum Gauge
- Baffled Cold Trap with Receiver (Dry Ice/Liquid Nitrogen)
- Manual Valves
- 80/20 Common Frame with Wheels
- 316 Stainless Steel Construction
- Dual inline cold traps and booster pump kit combination highly recommended
The following components are NOT included in the list price
- Welch CRPpro 16 vacuum pump and exhaust filter $3,560.00 + $575.00
- Huber Minichiller, adapters and hose $7,868.00
- Pressure control kit for HVE $2,225.00
- PolyScience IP80 immersion cooler $5,583.50
Starting out at $85k, these systems feature a virgin PTFE wiper basket inside of a six-inch 316 Stainless Steel evaporator body.
Heat is provided via four (4) electronic heat bands which are precisely controlled by a single, commonly mounted PID for full temperature control without the use of expensive, dangerous heating oils.
Jacketed feed tank.
Feed is provided by a jacketed feed tank, which is also heated electronically and controlled by a separate temperature controller for precise input feed temperature.
Strips volatiles at 6kg per hour.
The unit can perform volatile stripping at a rate of 6 kilograms (kg) per hour utilizing the included cone-bottom condenser replacement.
For high boiling point, short path distillation, the unit features a high-surface area, removable inner condensation coil that can perform at 2-4 kg per hour feed rates.
EliteLab and Bluetooth compatible.
- 6400 Watts @ 240V (30 amps max) Evaporator Heater
- 600 Watts @ 120V (5 amps max) Feed Tank Heater
- 180 Watts @ 120V (1.5 amps max) Main Motor
- Additional Wattage for Vacuum Pump & Chiller/Heater not Included Here
Footprint of Common Frame:
- Depth: 27 Inches (685.8mm)
- Width: 45 Inches (1143mm) + 12 Inches Per Shelf (2 Included)
- Height: 84 Inches (2133.6mm)
- Additional Footprint for Shelves, Pumps, Chillers/Heaters not Included Here
High Vacuum Pump:
- 10-30 Cubic Feet per Minute (CFM)
- Minimum 30 mTorr/micron Ultimate Vacuum Rating
- Ex. CRVpro16, CRVpro24, CRVpro30 with Exhaust Filter
Chiller/Heater for Inner Coil Condenser:
- Minimum 0 75 Celsius temperature range
- Higher Max. Temp, between 100C to 200C, for Hot Condenser Applications
- Minimum 500 Watts for Cooling at 20C
- 1000 watts @ 20C for Improved Performance
Cold Trap Requirements:
- Manual Chilling: Dry Ice + Isopropanol/Acetone for Chilling, Liquid Nitrogen (LN2)
- Mechanical Chilling: Polyscience IP-80 with 1.75 Rigid Coil
- Optional Additional Cold Trap: T80 with KF25 Stainless Steel Insert
Training Options Available Upon Request:
- 1-Day Lab Society Thin Film Distillation Install & Training* $3000
- 2-Day Lab Society Thin Film Distillation Install & Training* $6000
*Note: All System requirements must be present on-site prior to arrival, including electrical connection, vacuum pump, chiller/heater, & cold trap coolant.